1 / 5
2 / 5
3 / 5
4 / 5
5 / 5
Epic Deep Space
J.P. Cullen & Sons
- This project was started in January 2012 and completed in August 2013 at Epic Systems Deep Space auditorium in Verona, Wis.
- Epic’s Deep Space auditorium project was awarded the best new building over $200 million by the Associated General Contractors of America in 2014.
- Hooper crews installed over 9,000 sprinkler heads and over 26 miles of pipe to protect the 11,400 seat auditorium. They also installed wet, dry, and pre-action systems throughout the 800,000 square foot facility.
- Total water in the pipes is approximately 50,000 gallons, or 320,000 8 oz. water bottles.
- The roof structure, which now sits 90 feet above the ground floor, was actually built down at ground level. Hooper installed all the piping in the structure while it was at ground level before the roof was raised up in one piece.
- The sprinkler heads were made from 92.15% recycled materials and the piping was made from 50% recycled materials.