Sprinkler Fitter Apprentice – Madison, WI
The Sprinkler Fitter Apprentice position is a Union position.
Responsible for assisting Journeyman Sprinkler Fitters with the installing and servicing of piping systems, in commercial and industrial buildings.
- General Housekeeping
- Loading, unloading, distributing and stockpiling material and equipment
- Loading and unloading tools
- Cleaning, pick-up, and tool repair
- Cutting, patching and grouting concrete, wood or masonry holes
- Setting up and tearing down of minor scaffolds
- Manual labor necessary for rigging, hoisting, lifting and positioning of heavy equipment
- Paint, stencil and tape equipment, piping, and valves
- Normal unskilled labor related to piping and plumbing including fire watch
- Performs additional assignments as directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum of one-year production experience preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude with basic math skills.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Good driving record.
Scope Data (budget accountability, operating revenues, organizational unit responsibility, number of employees supervised, other pertinent numeric data):
- Works and interacts in team environment with 10-15 personnel.
Description of physical working environment:
- Physically demanding position. Majority of work requires continuous standing and walking in shop. Requires lifting materials up to 75 pounds on a regular basis and frequent twisting, bending and turning.
- Works on field construction site in all kinds of weather.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders and steps on site is required.