BIM Designer – Madison, WI
Responsible for the layout and design.
- Up to date with R&D Innovative solutions to stay on top of technology
- Propose pilot initiatives and manage the technical & financial aspects
- Create and maintain standard processes & procedures
- Builds and maintains strategic relationships in the BIM and software industries
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise
- Maintains high level of competency of software through continued use, training, conferences, seminars and workshops
- Helps with project estimating as it relates to BIM hours required
- Provide project kick-off information and attend meetings
- Recommend appropriate staffing for upcoming projects
- Performs field surveys when necessary to determine actual field conditions to ensure designed system will fit the given building structure.
- Prepares a complete and detailed material cut list for fabrication to ensure design specifications are met. Addresses all fabrication shop and field personnel questions to facilitate efficient shop and on-site production.
- Prepare submittal packages to meet project specifications.
- Obtains shop drawing approval from architect, engineer, owner, etc.
- Coordinates design drawings and piping layouts with various trades on the project to ensure proper fit (HVAC, plumbing, electrical etc).
- Communicates with appropriate parties to resolve design issues, change orders, and approvals. Maintains organized records of assigned active projects.
- Assists with technical interpretation and writing of RFI’s as need arises.
- Represent Hooper Corporation in matters of project coordination and technical assistance as required.
- Performs additional assignments per project manager’s direction.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Two year Associate degree in engineering or design
- A minimum of two years experience with AutoCAD, TSI Software, NAVIS works, REVIT, or other applicable software
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to handle multi-tasking and set priorities
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team
- Good analytical and problem solving, verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills to work effectively within team environment.
- Valid Drivers License.
Scope Data (budget accountability, operating revenues, organizational unit responsibility, number of employees supervised, other pertinent numeric data):
- Works and interacts in team environment with 30-40 personnel.
- Designs approximately 10-20 jobs per year.
Description of physical working environment:
- Works in normal office environment and makes frequent client visits requiring driving personal vehicle. When in the office, regularly works from a sitting position with a computer. Repetitive typing and computer use required. Regular bending, twisting, and light lifting is common.
- Works on field construction site in all kinds of weather to survey site conditions and resolve coordination issues with the trades.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders and steps on site is required.