Full Time Warehouse Assistant/Driver – Madison, WI
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant/Driver
Status: Full Time
Responsible for carrying out all aspects of the Fabrication Shop warehouse including stocking, material pulling, sorting, packaging, and yard maintenance.
- Stocks, pulls, sorts, and packages materials, including required field tools.
- Operates forklift to load, unload and move materials.
- Operates Class A CDL equipment to service job site deliveries and yard maintenance.
- Loads and unloads vehicle for piping materials, tools, equipment & returns to vendors.
- Carries out completion of all field orders for piping materials, tools and equipment including UPS package distribution.
- Carries out duties of laborer to supplement shop labor needs.
- Responsible for maintenance and repair of tools and equipment.
- Responsible for pre-trip inspection of delivery vehicle to assure that vehicle is safe to drive and roadworthy.
- Receives daily UPS delivery and distributes to appropriate department.
- Assist in various pipe shop yard clean up and maintenance functions including working with Waste Management for dumpster pickup.
- Performs additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Class A CDL
- Minimum of one year warehousing and CDL driving experience, with good driving record.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with basic math skills with high school diploma or GED.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Basic personal computing skills.
Scope Data (budget accountability, operating revenues, organizational unit responsibility, number of employees supervised, other pertinent numeric data):
- Works and interacts in team environment with 10 – 15 personnel.
- Delivers approximately $2,000,000 of piping assemblies.
Description of physical working environment:
- Delivers and unloads on field construction sites in all kinds of weather.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders and steps is required.
- Job requires continuous standing and walking in the fabrication shop. Requires lifting materials up to 75 lbs. on a regular basis and frequent twisting, bending, and turning.