Plumbing Pre-Apprentice / shop helper
Responsible for assisting Journeyman Plumber with installing, repairing and maintaining pipes, fixtures and other plumbing used for water distribution and waste water disposal in commercial and industrial buildings.
- General Housekeeping.
- Loading, unloading, distributing and stockpiling material and equipment.
- Loading and unloading tools.
- Cleaning, pick-up, and tool repair.
- Cutting, patching and grouting concrete, wood or masonry holes.
- Setting up and tearing down of minor scaffolds.
- Manual labor necessary for rigging, hoisting, lifting and positioning of heavy equipment.
- Paint, stencil and tape equipment, piping, and valves.
- Normal unskilled labor related to piping and plumbing including fire watch.
- Performs additional assignments as directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of one-year production experience preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with basic math skills.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Good driving record.
Scope Data (budget accountability, operating revenues, organizational unit responsibility, number of employees supervised, other pertinent numeric data)
- Works and interacts in team environment with 10-15 personnel.
Description of physical working environment
- Physically demanding position. Majority of work requires continuous standing and walking in shop. Requires lifting materials up to 75 pounds on a regular basis and frequent twisting, bending and turning.
- Works on field construction site in all kinds of weather.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders and steps on site is required.