Tree Trimmer – Madison, WI
Using sophisticated climbing and rigging techniques, cut away dead or excess branches from trees or shrubs to maintain right-of-way for roads, sidewalks, or utilities, or to improve appearance, health, and value of tree.
- Operate boom trucks, loaders, stump chippers, brush chippers, tractors, power saws, trucks, sprayers, and other equipment and tools.
- Climb trees, using climbing hooks and saddle, or climb ladders to gain access to work areas.
- Clean, sharpen, and lubricate tools and equipment.
- Cut away dead and excess branches from trees, or clear branches around power lines, using climbing equipment or bucket trucks, chainsaws, hooks, handsaws, fiberglass extension pruners and pole saws.
- Trim, prune, and reshape trees.
- Prune, remove, and spray trees as directed.
- Hoist tools and equipment to tree trimmers, and lower branches with ropes or block and tackle.
- Operate shredding and chipping equipment, and feed limbs and brush into the machines.
- Load debris and refuse onto trucks and haul it away for disposal.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Previous tree-trimming experience required.
- Previous experience tree-trimming around power lines preferred.
- One to five years experience.
- Ability to lift up to 50 -75 pounds daily.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Needs to be able to communicate clearly orally and written.
Description of physical working environment
- Working in an outdoor environment, in all types of weather conditions. Regular bending, twisting, and light to heavy lifting is common.