Assistant Project Manager- Madison, WI
Hooper Corporation is looking for an Assistant Project Manager for their Madison office. This individual will be responsible for estimating and managing assigned projects within the electrical power division.
- Assists in all aspects of estimating including the preparation of project estimates, attending pre-bid and site visit meetings, and interacting with subcontractors and material vendors.
- Reviews bid documents, develop an understanding of the project scope, and perform take-offs on materials / labor quantities.
- Develops RFP’s for subcontracts and material vendors to obtain pricing for specific scopes of work.
- Prepares project estimates and final proposal documents.
- Coordinate manpower, equipment, and subcontractor activities to facilitate project execution.
- Performs additional assignments as requested by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Minimum two years technical education in engineering field, construction management coursework or completion of apprenticeship in a respective discipline.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills & demonstrated leadership effectiveness.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Familiarity with Primavera P6 scheduling software is a plus, but not required.
Description of physical working environment:
- Works in normal office environment and attends some pre-bid meetings requiring travel throughout the United States. When in the office, regularly works from a sitting position with a computer. Repetitive typing and computer use required. Regular bending, twisting, and light lifting is common.
- Travelling to jobsites is required.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders and steps on site is required.
80% -Office Environment 20%- Field Environment