UW Health at the American Center
Collaboration Continues Between GHAC and Hooper Corporation
- The project spanned nearly two years
- UW Health at the American Center is a full patient hospital.
- The Hooper Plumbing Department installed 157,300 feet of plumbing pipe,
- Hooper crews installed an underground plumbing system in the basement of the west wing.
- Trimble Total Station Survey was used for layout and sleeving.
- Three 600 horsepower steam boilers with full steam distribution were added to the hospital.
- Three 1,000 ton centrifugal chillers with cooling towers provide chilled water distribution to the hospital.
- A 130 ton dedicated heat recovery chiller now provides and services the process and low temperature hot water needs.