Promega Feynman Center
Plumbing, Process & Power Piping
Plumbing and Process Piping Partner at Promega
- The Promega Feynman Center comprises roughly 260,000 square feet with two unique sections: the Crossroads and cGMP.
- Together each section provides manufacturing space in addition to employee meeting areas and a cafeteria.
- Most of the building is considered clean room processing, which requires unique installation, including medical gas grade piping systems.
- Plumbing crews utilized BIM, Total Station Survey, and extensive use of prefabrication to meet the fast-paced project requirements.
- All lab waste is run into a centralized waste neutralization system, which is computer controlled. This system controls the pH before being released into the sanitary sewer district.
- Tube solar collectors from Germany were used to pre-heat the domestic water system.
Process Piping Role:
- Almost 2,000 orbital welds were done on the pharmaceutical systems in addition to over 1,100 video boroscopes.
- Crews installed the following systems: pure water, RO water, clean in place, clean air, process potable water, chilled water, steam and condensate, and process and instrument air.
- All pharmaceutical piping is 316L sanitary stainless steel, and the critical systems have electropolished interiors.