Truck and Equipment Mechanic with CDL
The Hooper Corporation, an electric power and mechanical contractor since 1913 seeks a full-time, heavy truck and diesel equipment mechanic to service, and maintain its diverse fleet. The ideal candidate will have completed an accredited diesel mechanic tech program, or have commensurate experience, as well as the following:
- Performs all fleet repairs and maintenance and works with outside repair shops when necessary.
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance services on trucks, trailers, and off-road equipment.
- Keeps up-to-date with current technology impacting the repair and maintenance field.
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems and electrical schematics.
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment including dozers, backhoes, skid steers, and cranes.
- Familiarity with FMCSA and DOT inspection requirements and regulations.
- Ability to operate basic shop tools including welders, cutting torches, and air tools.
- Completes detailed written repair orders accounting for labor, parts, and other costs.
- Maintains records, files and all related paperwork on all vehicles and trailers.
- Responsible for the repairs of construction tools and equipment. Oversees and assists in quarterly shop and tool inspections to comply with safety regulations.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Minimum of a High School diploma or GED with at least four years hands-on experience in repair of vehicles, secondary education in the field of auto mechanics preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively and get along well with others.
- Valid driver’s license with CDL required.
- Maintain DOT inspection certification.
- Basic personal computer skills and knowledge in Microsoft applications.
- Ability to prepare and maintain reports in an accurate manner.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong focus on safety and attendance.
Description of physical working environment:
- Predominantly shop position, but some travel required in the Midwest. All tools and uniforms provided. Excellent union compensation and benefits package.
- Physically demanding position. Majority of work requires continuous standing and walking in shop. Requires lifting materials up to 75 pounds on a regular basis and frequent twisting, bending and turning.
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions indoors and outdoors
- Ability to climb up and down ladders and steps in shop and on equipment is required.