Electric Power Project Intern
Assists in planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating the preparations and executions of projects while meeting cost, quality, equipment utilization and safety objectives.
- Assists in all aspects of project management including the preparation of project estimates, procuring materials, creating product shop drawings, issuing subcontracts, attending pre-bid and other project progress meetings.
- Assists with planning and coordination of manpower, equipment, tools and supply needs.
- Assists in the establishment of project objectives, costs, timelines, budgets, policies, performance expectations and safety standards. Monitors adherence to all of the above through site visits, project progress reports, performance evaluations, safety meetings and working closely with field crew supervision.
- Monitors and assesses maintenance and safeguarding of equipment, tools and supplies.
- Manages administrative aspects of contracts (change orders, fee payments, rental equipment, billing and expenses, etc.) by working closely with administrative staff, designers, project managers, and field staff.
- Assist in the process of releasing completed project to the full satisfaction of the client and resolves any job closeout items.
- Responsible for saving and filing appropriate job information including plans, specifications and job related communications for permanent archives.
- Performs additional assignments as requested by management.