Assistant Project Manager – Commerce City, Colorado
Commerce City, CO
Project Manager / Department Head
Assist in the planning and execution of project contracts while meeting cost, quality, equipment conservation and safety objectives.
- Assists in all aspects of project management including the preparation of project estimates, procuring materials, issuing subcontracts, attending pre-bid and other project progress meetings.
- Assists with planning and coordination of manpower, equipment, tools and supply needs within the Overhead Line Department to meet or exceed client objectives.
- Assists in the establishment of project objectives, costs, timelines, budgets, policies, performance expectations and safety standards. Monitors adherence to all of the above through site visits, project progress reports, performance evaluations, safety meetings and working closely with field crew supervision.
- Monitors and assesses maintenance and safeguarding of equipment, tools and supplies.
- Manages administrative aspects of contracts (change orders, fee payments, rental equipment, timesheet coding, billing and expenses, etc.) by working closely with administrative staff, project managers and Manager of Fleet Operations.
- Assist in the process of releasing completed project to the full satisfaction of the client and resolves any job closeout items.
- Responsible for saving and filing appropriate job information including plans, specifications and job related communications for permanent archives.
- Performs additional assignments as requested by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum BS or BA in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Business preferred.
- Some related construction industry experience or internship is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills & demonstrated leadership effectiveness.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Familiarity with Primavera P6 scheduling software is preferred.
Description of physical working environment
- Works in normal office environment and makes some client visits requiring driving personal vehicle. When in the office, regularly works from a sitting position with a computer.
- Repetitive typing and computer use required. Regular bending, twisting, and light lifting is common.
- Travelling to jobsites throughout the United States and Canada is required.
- Works on field construction site in all kinds of weather to survey site conditions and resolve coordination issues with the trades.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders and steps on site is required.
- 75% -Office Environment 25%- Field Environment.