Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Division: Electric Power
Reports to: Accounting Supervisor, EPD
Performs a variety of administrative tasks related to processing of payroll data, invoice preparation and reconciliation, data handling and record maintenance, and reporting.
- Prepares weekly and/or monthly invoices as assigned. Invoice processing includes reconciliation of source documents to system generated results, resolving discrepancies using standard procedures, and/or returning incomplete items to supervisor for resolution.
- Enters payroll data into COINS system each week for assigned group(s). Verifies data entry by reviewing, correcting, changing or deleting entered information via reconciliation of source documents to various prescribed system reports.
- Acts as a liaison between field construction crews and project managers to identify and resolve payroll discrepancies.
- Organizes source data for equipment upload by compiling and entering information into various spreadsheets.
- Utilizes COIN system for job setups, budget entry and on-going tracking of changes as required.
- Supports department with basic filing, electronic storage, and organizing.
- On-going tracking and/or other requirements for CARES Safety program.
- Processing and coding of accounts payable and/or credit cards as needed.
- Performs other duties/special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Computer proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Suite software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) and other applicable software programs.
- Demonstrate flexibility and is adaptable to change.
- Two-year degree in accounting/finance preferred.
- Minimum of two years prior accounting/finance experience.
- General knowledge of office protocol, routines and procedures.
- Ability to proof read documents and accurately prepares various reports.
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills and ability to meet deadlines.
Description of physical working environment:
- Normal office environment. Routinely works from a sitting position with a computer. Repetitive typing and computer use required. Regular bending, twisting, and light lifting is common.