Marquette Replacement Hospital
General Heating and Air Conditioning
- The replacement hospital in Marquette, MI, will be 535,000 square feet and house 270-beds once complete.
- Our crews will work with Skanska Closner, general contractor, on this $50 million job.
- Hooper and GHAC are performing the HVAC and plumbing and have designated project managers and superintendants that will be onsite throughout the duration of this project. We will also be utilizing as much local skilled labor as possible.
- Hooper broke ground to begin the underground plumbing on Aug. 29. Off-site pipe, duct, and multi-trade rack fabrication will begin in November for HVAC and plumbing systems.
- The hospital will encompass diagnostic and therapeutic services, patient care services, administrative and operational support, central power plant, mechanical, electrical and telecommunications areas.
- A 98,000 square foot clinical services/medical office building and a 220,000 square foot parking structure will also be constructed beside the new hospital.
- Additionally, the project scope involves site work and utilities, including: landscaping; vehicle and pedestrian access ways; and extending existing municipal services for water, sewer, and power from their current offsite locations onto the new site.