Regional Electric Director – Green Cove Springs, FL
Hooper Corporation is looking for an Electrical Director for a Municipal Electric Utility located in northern Florida to provide strategic leadership to its customers and employees with direct responsibility for safety and delivery of electric services to the community of Green Cove Springs, Florida. This individual must have excellent communication skills and experience with electric utilities.
- Manage an existing electric distribution system consisting of multiple substations, several overhead & underground 13kV and 23kV distribution feeders, street lighting and electrical meters.
- Managing day to day activities of line crews including but not limited to: work order management, safety, construction, emergency response, inspections, documenting, tracking and reporting
- Develops annual budgets
- Develops and maintains long range plans
- Maintain stocked material at all times
- Direct interface with various City departments
- Performs additional assignments as directed by Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Four-year college degree in Electric Engineering or 8 years experience as a Manager/Director for an electric utility.
- Ability to deliver accurate reports and meet expected timelines.
- Analytical and problem solving skills, strong interpersonal skills, high verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to communicate effectively to various personalities
- Ability to be flexible and to function as a part of a team
Description of physical working environment:
- Works in normal office environment and makes frequent client visits requiring driving personal vehicle. When in the office, regularly works from a sitting position with a computer. Repetitive typing and computer use required. Regular bending, twisting, and light lifting is common.
- Works on field construction site in all kinds of weather to survey site conditions and resolve coordination issues with the trades.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders and steps on site is required.
- Frequent travel with overnight stay required.