Project Manager Intern – Madison, WI
As an intern with Hooper Corporation you will gain valuable work experience in a professional environment, leveraging your prior experience, education, and involvement. Our interns play an essential role in the departments they are part of, working on important responsibilities, special projects, and networking with our teams. This individual would be responsible for performing a variety of project management duties in a specific department including assisting in planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating the preparations and executions of Plumbing, Piping, or Fire Protection projects while striving to meet cost, quality, equipment utilization and safety objectives.
- Assists in all aspects of project management including the preparation of project estimates, procuring materials, creating product shop drawings, issuing subcontracts, attending pre-bid and other project progress meetings.
- Assists with planning and coordination of manpower, equipment, tools and supply needs.
- Assists in the establishment of project objectives, costs, timelines, budgets, policies, performance expectations and safety standards. Monitors adherence to all of the above through site visits, project progress reports, performance evaluations, safety meetings and working closely with field crew supervision.
- Monitors and assesses maintenance and safeguarding of equipment, tools and supplies.
- Manages administrative aspects of contracts (change orders, fee payments, rental equipment, billing and expenses, etc.) by working closely with administrative staff, designers, project managers, shop and field staff.
- Assist in the process of releasing completed project to the full satisfaction of the client and resolves any job closeout items.
- Responsible for saving and filing appropriate job information including plans, specifications and job related communications for permanent archives.
- Performs additional assignments as requested by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Candidate should be pursuing a four year degree in an engineering field or construction management.
- Construction industry experience is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills & demonstrated leadership effectiveness.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
Hours and Schedule
- We are looking for a student who is able to work 10-20 hours per week during the semester and fulltime during breaks.
- Flexibility of working hours during the semester will be available. The position reports out of our jobsite in Verona, so ability to travel to/from during the semester is necessary.
Description of physical working environment:
- Works in normal office environment and makes some site visits requiring driving personal vehicle. When in the office, regularly works from a sitting position with a computer. Repetitive typing and computer use required. Regular bending, twisting, and light lifting is common.
- Traveling to jobsites is required.
- Works on field construction site in all kinds of weather to survey site conditions and resolve coordination issues with the trades.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders and steps on site maybe required.